For a list of Xmas Day Lunches available in Norfolk just click on the heading below
NETWORK OF DAY CENTRES
Since the changes to the funding arrangements in 2011 the Network has operated informally to consult with and connect Day Centres to each other, to people who need to know about them and to their communities.
Thanks to Norfolk County Council and the Market Development Fund we can now concentrate on helping Day Centres to continue to deliver their valuable services.
We have been very busy getting a range of ideas, collaborations and offers together that we hope will fit into your needs. For example:
- We know that a big expense for Day Centres is the training needed for First Aid and for Lifting and Handling. We are hoping to be able to connect people to training that is already taking place in other organisations. Please contact us if you need training for your staff and/or volunteers
- We are also working on some of the other areas of expense such as insurances and industrial oven cleaning
- We can also find ways of reducing costs if we know that some of you want the same kinds of activities or services.
We will be in touch shortly with a quick survey to find out what you find the most expensive items in your budgets.
We have a range of offers coming in from organisations that want to provide activities for your members. For example:
- We would like to find out if your members might be interested in Community Reporter training or short sessions with the WEA.
- We have had suggestions for photography workshops – possibly with a county-wide competition
- There is also the opportunity to provide short sessions on how to use a ‘smartphone’ or a ‘tablet’
We will include some of these ideas in the survey too!
As part of the promotion of Day Centres and to ensure everyone can be included in the latest information we make sure we attend the following:
- All five of the Provider Forums Meetings across the county (there is one in each CCG area)
- The Network is a member of the Norfolk Independent Care Board and we attend the Board meetings on your behalf
- The Promoting Independence Partnership Group where we can make sure any initiatives suggested within the group include the opportunities for Day Centres
- The Health and Social Care Consultative Forum where the big job of integrating Health and Social Care is discussed.
So far we have been able to help the Day Centres in Swaffham to be included in a really brave trial of care pathways, and we are about to participate in an activity to pull some of the county-wide information together about Day Services.
Through the Network you are now connected to:
- Norfolk Independent Care (Board representation)
- Promoting Independence Partnership Group
- Making it Real (Associate status)
- Health and Social Care consultative Forum
So if you need us to raise issues on your behalf please get in touch
To be involved you can:
- Sign up for the Newsletters
- Ask for a visit
- Tell us about your training needs
- Participate in the joint actions
- Tell us about your concerns
- Connect to our Supporter List
Call us on: 01603 482220
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or keith @the-guild.co.uk